Saturday, March 5, 2011

Siggi's Dinkable Yogurt My New Obsession

Siggi's Probiotic DRINKABLE non-fat yogurt -Plain

I just can not help myself but to share this new product with you. Typically, I do not write about grocery store type products but this is a great new item.

For you on-the-go types, this adorable mini 3.7 fl oz container is a great way to get your protein and active cultures - - only 45 calories.

So far at Baltimore's Whole Foods you can find 3 flavors. I choose the plain because I love that sour, slightly salty taste. Siggi's all natural and based on milk from grass fed cows who are not doping on rBGH. There is no artificial colors or sweeteners. No sucralose, high fructose corn syrup, preservatives or gelatin. Some of you, if you are like me, might be thinking "yeah so? Yogurt should not have those ingredients anyway, so thanks for stating the obvious." However, I presume this marketing works on some and it is nice to be reassured that they have not killed another great food item by making last years on the shelf or stable at room temperature.

In the end, I find this fabulous little treat and very convenient and delicious meal or snack. The Icelandic Milk & Skry (pronounced skeer) Company should be proud of this launch. I hope it sticks around.

1 comment:

  1. You can save yourself a big chunk of change by making this stuff at home: mix a container of Siggi's drinkable with two cups of organic fat-free milk, and put it in the oven with the light on overnight.

    Save enough from the previous batch to seed the next and you're set for life.

    ReplyDelete