Thursday, February 17, 2011

Superior Chocolates_Local Baltimore & Online

Kirchmayr Chocolates

If you have never had the opportunity to try this tasty treats, order yourself a box or stop by his shop in Timonium, MD.

We celebrated Valentine's Day at the Creative Alliance as we usually do. This year we enjoyed a box of Kirchmayr chocolates. I have had his dark chocolate enrobed hazelnuts and truffles and they are wonderful. He sells these at the Baltimore Farmer's Market in the winter months only.

I was quite surprised however, that I enjoyed the specialty pieces that came in our combination box. I am no longer one who enjoys the variety packs! Just give me a great dark bar so, I can break off a hunk and I am good. I share this simply because it shocked me how fabulous these were. The chocolate was amazing quality & the flavors did not over powering (ok- the liquor ones were not for me but the hubbie enjoyed) .

Our box was filled with 12 chocolates and my very favorites were: Caramel (who doesn't love it), Bitter Nougat (roasty/toasty goodness), Mocha, Layered Gianduia (Hazelnut hmmmm), Pear and Passion Fruit (tart, sweet, balanced).

If you haven't tried them out yet - worth it!
Oh -did I mention they are powered by wind?

9630 Deereco Road

Timonium, MD 21093
(410) 561-7705

Cash/Check Only accept online.
Hours:
M~F 9a.m.~5p.m.
Sat 10a.m~5p.m.
Sunday Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment